Swelling of mandibular region
Indications: swelling of mandible and submandibular space
1. This method requires one lymph tape 18–20 cm long.
2. Cut the tape by 7–8 strips with equal width, the tape base 3–4 cm long is left integer.
3. Apply the base of the lymph-tape in the region of infraclavicular fossa (region of lymph nodes), and lymph-tape strips are applied without tension towards the lower jaw, completely covering swelling zone.
Indications: Trigeminal neuralgia
1. Three tapes of different length will be required. Tape width is of 2.5 cm, its length depends on patient’s anatomic features.
2. Apply horizontally the first tape without tension towards the nasal openings. Stretch the skin at the application site by any means and to any direction.
3. Apply the base of the second tape over the base of the first one. Apply this tape also without tension along the jawline towards its centre. Stretch the skin at the application site by any means and to any direction.
4. Apply the base of the third tape over the base of the first and the second tapes. The tape is applied without tension towards the forehead centre. Stretch the skin at the application site by any means and to any direction. It is allowed to apply both long tape that approaches the forehead centre and the short one as you can see on the image.